Friday, August 20, 2010

Motorola Droid 2 for Verizon First Impressions



I’ve recently been assimilated into the cult of Android. So much so that I’m ditching my iPhone 4 and AT&T in favor of the Droid X, which I have on order from Verizon and due to arrive soon. I chose the Droid X after using it for 2 weeks and then comparing it to the HTC Incredible.

I made my choice before I had any real one on one time with the Motorola Droid 2 though because the large Droid X screen won me over.

Today a Droid 2 loaner device showed up on my doorstep, so I’m anxious to find out if I’ll end up regretting my quick decision to go with the DX.

I’ve only had this phone out of the box for about an hour, so this is just going to be a quick first impressions post. I plan to do an actual review in a few days and we’ll hear Bryan’s thoughts on this device as well.

I currently have a herd of Android phones from Verizon at my house. There’s the Droid X (Left), Droid 2 (Center) and the HTC Incredible (Right). I also have the LG Ally, but it’s not pictured here as it’s not really in the same league as these higher end smartphones.

As you’ll notice, the Droid 2 has about the same footprint and 3.7 inch screen size as the HTC Incredible.

It’s quite a bit chunkier than the DX and Incredible though. Of course, it’s no wonder due to its built in sliding keyboard.

Even though the Droid 2 is thicker than the others, its size still hits a sweet spot in my opinion because it’s not too large and not too small. Like the Incredible, it fits comfortably in your hand and doesn’t look awkward when used as a phone like some people might say of the Droid X. The fact that it also includes a keyboard is a big bonus for some people.

Read More @ the-gadgeteer.com

 
Copyright 2009 All For Cheap Product Review. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan