Saturday, August 21, 2010

Metroid: Other M - Sydney preview event


With the game's release quickly creeping up like a Metroid wearing a shady trench coat, Nintendo Australia recently held a preview event for Metroid: Other M. Members of the gaming press were invited - from IGN and Gamespot all the way down to whatever this site is - to have a crack at it in advance.

As a result, both Mercury and myself will be teaming up again to bring you another explosive write-up. Also, to potentially form part of Voltron. Even better, Nintendo very kindly gave a handful of Aussie-Nintendo readers the opportunity to attend, which was awesome.

Held at Strike Laser, a laser skirmish building which also amazingly doubles as a bowling alley - and has a full bar - in the heart of Sydney's Entertainment Quarter, the location certainly seemed fitting. Getting there and actually finding the place was an adventure in itself!

Indeed it was! There were wrong turns, dark paths, and unknown streets. Mumbles of confusion and worry followed me as I lead the way. I had no clue where I was going, but we managed to find the place just in time. Here we greeted a few familiar faces before we were all directed into the bar.

Upon entering we could see that the whole place had been decked out with Metroid posters and televisions displaying Metroid: Other M's logo. We grabbed our name tags and headed further into the room. I was impressed. Around the room were TVs set up with Metroid and Super Metroid - there was even Metroid II running on an old school Game Boy! My inner child took me right to the SNES, where I began to bust out some of my Super Metroid skills.

Read More @ aussie-nintendo.com

 
Copyright 2009 All For Cheap Product Review. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan